With Greg Smith, Jo Porter and Beks Rothnie. To find out more or to register for this course please get in touch:
Phone: Greg on 07902 794653 or Jo on
- Runs Thursday evenings online, 7.30pm to 9.30pm
- Using the Zoom online platform
- Starting 4th June 2020 (please note new start date)
More about the tastelife course
An eight-session weekly online group course for sufferers of all types of eating disorder, and those who care for them.
The course is non-threatening, educational, and encourages a self-help approach that really works.
It is run by trained volunteers who care about those who struggle with eating disorders. Some have been sufferers themselves, or have cared for them.
Eating disorders are often a symptom of deeper problems and, whilst this is not an in-depth course to discover and deal with these underlying issues fully, it goes a long way to equipping participants with real understanding and coping strategies.
The course is accredited by the University of Brighton. It is based on Christian principles and, while not actively promoting the Christian faith, includes a church supplement for use in a Christian context. It is therefore adaptable for and sensitive to those of all faiths or none.
The course session titles are:
- Living to eat or eating to live
- Mirror, mirror: self-image and addiction
- Under the iceberg: emotions
- Mind matters
- Bad days and good friends
- Caring beyond survival
- The ‘F’ word: food – friend or foe?
- Where now?