With Natalie and Bridget
- Thursday evenings, 7pm – 9pm
- Online via Zoom
- Starting Thursday 10 November 2022 (with a three week break over Christmas starting again in the New Year)
More about the tastelife course
A nine-session weekly group course for sufferers of all types of eating disorder, and those who care for them.
The course is non-threatening, educational, and encourages a self-help approach that really works.
It is run by trained volunteers who care about those who struggle with eating disorders. Some have been sufferers themselves, or have cared for them.
Eating disorders are often a symptom of deeper problems and, whilst this is not an in-depth course to discover and deal with these underlying issues fully, it goes a long way to equipping participants with real understanding and coping strategies.
The course is accredited by the University of Brighton. It is based on Christian principles and, while not actively promoting the Christian faith, includes a church supplement for use in a Christian context. It is therefore adaptable for and sensitive to those of all faiths or none.
The course session titles are:
- Living to eat or eating to live
- Mirror, mirror: self-image and addiction
- Under the iceberg: emotions
- Mind matters
- Bad days and good friends
- Caring beyond survival
- The ‘F’ word: food – friend or foe?
- Where now?
With the course running online there is an additional one-hour session at the beginning.