We provide tools for recovery for those who struggle with eating disorders and for their supporters.
As well as the tastelife course, we run training for those who work in areas where they are likely to encounter people with eating disorders, for example education, health, and youth work.
‘tastelife is a life-saver’
People with eating disorders find themselves in a very dark place. tastelife aims to help them out of that darkness, by providing compassionate knowledge, understanding, and tools for recovery.
- Government sources suggest that 4 million people in the UK have eating disorders (Hansard Feb 2013)
- Help from the NHS is limited to the most severe cases
- Hospital admissions for those dangerously ill with anorexia and bulimia have doubled over the last three years.
- Many overweight people are suffering from binge-eating disorder which means they are addicted to food and in danger of diabetes, heart disease or stroke.
The tastelife charity
The tastelife charity was formed in September 2014 with the aim of getting help for recovery from eating disorders to more people, more of the time. It is headed up by Di Archer and Jean Hart (executive trustees), two mums who have both had daughters who had eating disorders.
We would love you to get involved with us! We need:
- People to run the course
- Ambassadors in your community to spread the word
- Lots of stories of recovery!
Registered charity number 1158516