‘The tastelife materials are outstanding.
They are the probably the best training materials I’ve ever seen. They are thorough and clear to follow. They advise what each session and sub-session is about and are very clear about what materials you need and how to run them. They are also motivating and very personal in feel, even though they are actually quite prescriptive. They further reinforce my perception that you are experts and will do so for other people too.’
(Mark Kitson, The Cinnamon Network)
Training to run the tastelife course
Our two-day LIVE ONLINE (with face to face follow up session) or residential training will equip you to run the tastelife course in your area.
- Information about eating disorders plus the concepts behind the tastelife course, and skills to deliver it. See the brochure here.
- Our training is fully accredited by the University of Brighton Health Sciences REQ mark (Recognised Educational Quality), with continuing oversight. 15 hours of CPD.
- Fees are subsidised and can be viewed here: Fees
We are delighted when someone contacts us because they are interested in running the tastelife course – so please do get in touch!
You will need:
- Most importantly, you need to be someone who cares about eating disorder sufferers and carers. A commitment to providing real help is the essential requirement. The training is also suitable for those with involvement in health, education, social care or Christian Ministry, such as nurses, counsellors, youth workers, church ministry leaders, social workers, health visitors and similar. Personal experience of eating disorders is very relevant, but not essential. The confidence to learn how to teach and lead a group is key. We will ask for references.
- To get support from somewhere to back you up – your church or organisation.
- To think about whom you could run the course with, and ideally come to the training together.
- To think about where you might hold the course – a neutral venue that is welcoming.
- A booking and application form; request this here.
- To show us a current DBS check.
- Not to hesitate if you have more questions – just get in touch here!
Dates for 2020 – Live Online or the following locations:
- 19th – 21st June – East of England (with face to face follow up session Saturday 12th September to help you launch your first course).
- 9th – 11th October – Birmingham