Your privacy is important to tastelife UK and we are committed to letting you know how we use your personal information and to making only responsible use of your data.
1. Information about you
- We may collect personal information from you when you interact with tastelifeUK, for example: if you enquire about our activities, register with us to receive our occasional email newsletters, make a donation to us, ask a question about eating disorders, purchase something, or apply for a role with us.
- The personal information we collect might include your contact details such as name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details (if you are making a purchase or donation), as well as information you provide in any correspondence between us.
- We may also collect health information if you tell us about your experience or the experiences of a friend or relative; however, you can decide if you want to remain anonymous or if you are happy to share your personal details.
We also gather general information about the use of our website, such as which pages users visit most often and which services, events or facilities are of most interest. We may also track which pages users visit when they click on links in our emails. We may use this information to personalise the way our website is presented when users visit them, to make improvements to our website and to ensure we provide the best service for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our website.
2. Our use of this information
- Your personal information will only be used to process your requests, to provide you with our services, and to provide you with information relating to our services and we will share your information to other organisations for the sole purpose of enabling us to do this better. For example, using MailChimp to send out our occasional email newsletters.
- We will not share or sell your information to or with anyone else.
A special note about the Sensitive Information we hold
- If you choose to provide details of a sensitive nature, we only use it for the purposes of dealing with your enquiry. We will not pass on your details to anyone else without your express permission except in exceptional circumstances. Examples of this might include anyone reporting serious self-harm or posing a threat to others, children contacting us and sharing serious issues.
Your personal information and details of the enquiries received are stored securely for no longer than is necessary for the purposes of its use. We carry out periodic deletion of data whose retention period has expired and/or when the need to continue holding such data is no longer necessary.
3. Who sees your personal information?
- The personal information we collect about you will be used by our staff and volunteers in tastelife UK so that they can support you. We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities.
4. Your Information Security
- We take the security of your personal information extremely seriously.
- We’ve implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss. And, we only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations (for example, the collection of Gift Aid).
- Here are some of the ways we protect your personal information:
- If you provide personal information to us online that information is encrypted for protection on transmission to us. Encryption is the process through which sensitive information is scrambled before it is transmitted so that it remains private even if it is intercepted. However, unless your internet browser supports you will not be able to take advantage of this level of security.
- Offline, your personal information is kept securely in our databases and offices.
- Our website may contain links to other sites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
- Any debit or credit card details which we receive are passed securely to our payment processing partner, according to the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
5. How to update or access your personal information
You may ask us at any time to update your details, correct or to request us to remove your information by:
- Writing: tastelife UK, Hales, Red Lane, Burton Green, Nr Kenilworth, CV8 1PB
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 07817605349
You also have a right to know what personal information tastelifeUK holds about you. To request a copy of your personal information we hold, contact us.